Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wordless Wednesday, thoughts and fireworks

For as long as I can remember I have LOVED fireworks.  Unfortunately I can count on my hand how many times I've seen them in person.  It's kind of funny because out here in Knoxville we have a big day in September I think... or maybe it is in October... well anyhow, it's called Booms Day and they show some of the best fireworks around.  I've never gone to it because of the crowds.  We do plan to go this year though. 

So we always have plans to see the fireworks on the 4th, but it never seems to work out.   This year we went out to a small community where there was supposed to be this nice little fair and then fireworks at 9:30.  So we get there around 9 thinking we could walk around, find a spot to watch from.  We then see a big hand written sign that says "Fireworks postponed due to weather"... it had been raining earlier, but it was dry and beautiful by that time.  So we turn around and go to find other fireworks.  End up not being able to find the ones we were looking for because I thought they were at this place over here, but they were actually way over there a 1/2 hour away....

So my brother calls us and says they are headed to the fireworks in their community.  We figure we have just enough time to get there.  We meet them in a huge grocery store parking lot amidst the hoards of other people waiting for the fireworks.  It wasn't the greatest show on earth (that's the circus - duh!), but at least we got to see them this year.

Here's a shot I snapped of the kiddos watching from the top of my car... I actually merged 2 shots on this one.  I wanted to capture a firework in the shot, but none of the ones that actually had fireworks in them were in focus as much as this one... so I added it :0).  It is a firework from that evening so it still counts!!! ;0)

IMG_02391

here's another shot I took last week:
IMG_98301
Emma, deep in thought.

Okay, so there were a lot of words in this post lol... ;0)
Thanks for stopping in!  I'm linking up with:
and then, she {snapped}    the long road  Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll leave a note ;0)